Our History

site image

In 1925, John Steen came to Ashland from Cincinnati, Ohio to open up a new funeral home because of the growing community. Here he met Ethel Miller, and they were wed and together operated the funeral home until they retired. The funeral home began to grow, and a new facility was needed. The Steens moved the facility from 15th Street to 20th Street and Carter Avenue and in 1943, then moved to their current location at 1501 Central Avenue. (Photo: Steen and Devor - 1925)

site image

The Central Avenue Chapel

site image

The Central Avenue Chapel serves as the main location of the Steen Funeral Homes. Founded in 1925 by John A. Steen, the chapel moved to its current location on Central Ave. in the mid-1940s. The funeral home has undergone many renovations during its years, the most recent being in 2006. It is well-equipped with a large funeral chapel, beautifully decorated visitation parlors, and a family lounge, all of which are ADA compliant. A setting was created with soft soothing colors and thoughtful design, every detail planned with our families in mind. You will feel at ease even during a most difficult time.

The 13th Street Chapel

site image

The 13th Street Chapel opened in 1999 to better serve our families as a branch of the Steen Funeral Home. It was visualized and constructed with utmost care and is located just two blocks from Rose Hill Burial Park. It is a state-of-the-art facility that is ADA compliant, with beautifully decorated visitation parlors, a large funeral chapel, a family lounge, and a children's activity room.

© 2017 Steen Funeral Home Central Ave Chapel. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service